This is just a short post following on from the one I wrote yesterday, “I want to do it my way, not God’s way.” I mentioned signs, synchronicities, God letting me know He is there for me… well today something happened.
Just to demonstrate how God works in our lives the day after I posted yesterday’s blog I decided to go to church. It’s not something I do very often, because I don’t agree with their views on Jesus, a lack of truth, logic or authenticity, but occasionally I just feel I want to be with others that have some desire for God, to help me feel my own emotions about Him. Religions have some issues, but there are sincere people searching for God and I find it humbling to see. So I went today and a very passionate sermon was preached and a number of things hit my heart:
- Don’t ever give up ( so, so apt right now).
- To get to the promise (the mountain top) you have to go through a process – there is no magic leap from A to Z, so to speak. In fact the process is what helps us grow, learn, build faith.
- When you are in the valley ( the depths of your life/the difficult times) remember it is a place where seeds grow.
- Remember that you are not just a number, you are not just nothing, you are a child of God and God wants you to bring what you have to give, what he made you to be.
- He wants you to take action, he wants you to stand up as you are and offer to the world and every time you hold back being all that you can, you lose out, but so does the world, because every child of God has a reason for being, a song to sing that only they can give.
It was a emotional for me in that church and it felt like the pastor was looking right at me at times. I am so amazed and so grateful that God never gives up on me and is constantly showing me this. He sees my fear of the mountain I have to climb, but He has faith in me, He has faith in his creation – and that is despite all my error, my mistakes, my failures, my sin.
So tonight was just one wonderful example of God showing me He is there right behind me waiting for me to turn and look His way and surrender to His Love. Grace follows us everywhere.
Here is the inspiration that Marianne Williamson wrote in relation to this:
‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within in.